Independent Airsofters United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Independent Airsofters United

Forum for members of Independent Airsoft

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inNipomo Aisoft Website

S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode

Go down 
+4
Admin
clAyton
Ghost
mavin117
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag
Specialty: Scout
Primary Gun: KWA SR-12
Airsoft Group Affiliation: Independent Airsofters United

S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 11:44 pm

Well my dad has our old big truck in the backyard which would do it easy and we could go offroad with it (if we have permission) and dump them off at sites, I doubt we'd use concrete, if anything just a pole planted into the ground for each stack or something along those lines, not sure.
Back to top Go down
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 12:05 am

Had to post this, sorry but it just captures the humor of the series as well and is a reason we need to get loudspkrs, oh and if you're easily offended you shouldn't listen to Ukranian humor lol.
Back to top Go down
clAyton
clAyton

Dog Tag
Specialty: Assault Recon
Primary Gun: KS P90 Long (PS-90)

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 4:52 am

Lol...wow...especially that last one...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000010940975&ref=n
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 10:04 pm

Yeah the last ones the best.. I no have microscope! ;p
Back to top Go down
mavin117
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
mavin117

Dog Tag
Primary Gun: Army Armament L85
Airsoft Group Affiliation: FUSAG/Orcutt Airsoft

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 1:55 am

well first of all we wouldnt make them all to tall because yes it is unsafe, and building codes start to kick in. the whole point of the blocks is to make temporary and stable structures. you cant throw people at them or anything. and the stake in the holes of the blocks is a good idea. not a stake in each hole (unless you want the structure to be rather solid), but just one to if someone does happen to get thrown into a structure, collapsing doesnt occur on anyone. the whole purpose is just to provide bunkers to protect from blowouts, not to house people, although i honestly dont believe that even i will be able to help but make my temporary base at one of these structures with say some fellow stalkers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orcuttairsoft.webs.com
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 3:51 am

Yeah, thats how it normally is in the game, nomadic, except for the few safe areas such as Yanov Station, The Laundry Building, and Skadovsk, so maybe we could find a way to make like a safe zone such as those (just one;p)
Back to top Go down
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 12:15 am

In honor of the game mode I will post this picture since it relates to stalker and the background even says STALKER haha, added some shadows to make it look more realistic but I think it looks good aside from the blurry area (Clone stamp + those bricks isn't very easy haha)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 4 Stalke13

So when do we intend on getting those cinderblocks?
Back to top Go down
mavin117
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
mavin117

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 5:48 am

well get the blocks when we have a field and a date and rules set up.

and that would be a wonderful picture if the person hinding behind the wall wasnt far more awsome than lame little resident evil dude who CANT EVEN MOVE AND SHOOT.
Back to top Go down
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 9:27 pm

lol I just had that picture on my desktop, dunt be hatin ;____; hahahaha.
So we should probably see how much it will take for us to purchase that stuff.
Back to top Go down
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 8:59 pm

Bump, because I can!
Back to top Go down
mavin117
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
mavin117

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 5:00 am

like i said, thier about one third of a dollar each
Back to top Go down
Standartenfuhrer Kurtz
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Standartenfuhrer Kurtz

Dog Tag
Specialty: Assault
Primary Gun: Beretta Rx4

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 5:46 am

S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 4 Demoti10

Is this what veteran STALKERS look like after a few years in the Zone?
Back to top Go down
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 11:00 pm

S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 4 Ss_liam_02-17-10_21-12-35_l01_escap

Once you enter the zone, you never leave (unless you're military and in Call of Pripyat, then you can.)
Back to top Go down
ZezaThePurple
Forum Watcher
Forum Watcher
ZezaThePurple

Dog Tag
Specialty: Support
Primary Gun: Spring M4

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 11:40 pm

btw concerning building I agree that having a visible and semi-solid structure made of cinder blocks would be nice. but I do think that yes we can't build it to high and it would be a hazard almost no matter how high it is. just two or three blocks high is high enough to crush some ones foot. and another though who wants to take the time and labor to build all these and take them down every time we play, especially at the end of the day when you are hot and tired.

my suggestion on the note of buildings basically take four or more stakes. then some caution tape and rape it around the stakes to make a foe safe area or building. the only problem I see with my idea is they provide no cover in a firefight which is more or less the actual purpose of a building.

another thought for buildings is stakes (again) and large pieces of ply wood. you put the stakes far enough apart but close enough to hold the board slanted in place. these would be easy to set up. and realitivly safe ha the only thing unsafe about them would be splinters. and I think enough of these to build similar buildings to a cinder block one would be more efficient and provide more cover.

just some food for thought.
Back to top Go down
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 11:44 pm

Zeza if you read the previous page I already suggested a stability option of running pipe or something through different rows and staking it into the ground, yeah.....
Back to top Go down
ZezaThePurple
Forum Watcher
Forum Watcher
ZezaThePurple

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 11:49 pm

I did in fact read it I just spent the last hour reading every post on this page. and yea I saw that, but yet again building structures like that, that are only temporary are a hassle.
Back to top Go down
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 12:00 am

they actually wont be temporary when we get a new field they may in fact be permanent.
Back to top Go down
ZezaThePurple
Forum Watcher
Forum Watcher
ZezaThePurple

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 12:33 am

well If we don't own a field I don't think it is suitable idea to make temporary structures out of cinder blocks. once we own a field I think its a great idea to make structures out of cinder blocks that can permanent and well made. however a permanent structure even after we own a field. will be much harder to move if we ever wanted to.

I'm just making some points I'm not discrediting yours, but I do think mine are fairly valid too.
Back to top Go down
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 1:32 am

I know we were waiting till we have a private field to do this, its not gonna happen especially not at a future construction site....
Back to top Go down
ZezaThePurple
Forum Watcher
Forum Watcher
ZezaThePurple

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 2:15 am

yea our current field isn't big enough for this any ways.

--

I have another idea concerning the merchants as the creatures.
merchants rotate being the creatures for every other blow out. (merchants are kinda there own faction)

I don't think there should be multiple kinds of monsters that the merchants could be when its their turn to be a creature. I think a monster should be a loner that isn't allowed to align them selves with the other faction, can not carry artifacts or other objects and they shouldn't be affected by the anomalies.

The creature (rotated merchant) should carry a spring shot pistol. and a bottle of ammo. and that should be it. this limits the creature very much making who ever is the creature very selective, they will have to stay hidden and actually try to stalk people instead of just running around mauling and or mowing people down. they will have to pick their target and wait for a chance when they are alone to shoot them and then book it.

I don't know if there is anything about creatures in buildings, so that you could have safe zones. thats probably not a good idea because then you could just bunker up.

--

another thought from my mind. to keep the game intresting factions could be given missions at random from one of the refs or whom ever is controlling the game. this will insure that people continue moving and having to fight.

recommendations for this will be sending duty and freedom to hold the same position causing a necessary fire fight.

ideas for missions:

capture and defend.

attack a position.

retrieve a relic/artifact.

assassinate a certain person. (this is where the bounty idea would come into play.)

hire a mercenariness for certain amount of time. (this will help the flow of the economy, and insure that the factions won't be able to hold on to large amounts of currency without continually fighting for it. )

feel free to add to this list. the idea of the missions is to keep the game interesting and moving for all the factions.

Back to top Go down
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 2:37 am

Actually I think for missions we may pull some out of the game such as finding a traitor who joins groups, gets paid and when he's supposed to watch their back leaves them, the springer idea isn't very good though, springers get very annoying leaving the creatures VERY underpowered and if you're facing something like a bloodsucker... well... they aren't weak, wait for Mavin to rejoin the discussion before adding things, him and I are the only ones that know about the STALKER universe really.
Back to top Go down
ZezaThePurple
Forum Watcher
Forum Watcher
ZezaThePurple

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 2:48 am

*rolls eyes* thanks for slapping that one to the ground. just posting reasonable suggestions that make sense, not everything has to be true to the video game.
Back to top Go down
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 5:15 am

hahaha well I mean we may just use some of those missions, it depends how frequently we may do this, I hope it becomes one of the main gametypes.
Back to top Go down
clAyton
clAyton

Dog Tag
Primary Gun: KS P90 Long (PS-90)

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 9:25 pm

ZezaThePurple wrote:
not everything has to be true to the video game.

...that was kind of the purpose of this whole thread...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000010940975&ref=n
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 9:29 pm

Yeah it is, its more of a reenactment than it is just a base gamemode, if you played S.T.A.L.K.E.R. You would know....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next