Independent Airsofters United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Independent Airsofters United

Forum for members of Independent Airsoft

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inNipomo Aisoft Website

MIL-SIM game mode

Go down 
+2
clAyton
Ghost
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ghost
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Ghost

Dog Tag
Specialty: Sniper
Primary Gun: IDK rite now
Airsoft Group Affiliation: FUSAG/Orcutt Airsoft

MIL-SIM game mode Empty
PostSubject: MIL-SIM game mode   MIL-SIM game mode I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 12:51 am

Anyone ever thought that some time we should do a milsim game just to see how it goes? Like if you get shot you fall down dead and if you get hit in the arm then you cant use it and there are medics. People ussually complain that it is too complicated to work but we wont know till we try.
Back to top Go down
clAyton
clAyton

Dog Tag
Specialty: Assault Recon
Primary Gun: KS P90 Long (PS-90)
Airsoft Group Affiliation: Independent Airsofters United

MIL-SIM game mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIL-SIM game mode   MIL-SIM game mode I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 1:04 am

For true MILSIM, we'd need semi-matching military uniforms and armaments...

For this game mode, it seems somewhat possible, but please...

MIL-SIM game mode Consid10

If we have trouble calling regular hits, how difficult will it be for us to recognize exactly where we were hit?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000010940975&ref=n
Ghost
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Ghost

Dog Tag

MIL-SIM game mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIL-SIM game mode   MIL-SIM game mode I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:45 am

well simply playing the game mode would put people in the mind state for hit location, thus calling hits would "theoretically" be easier and people might not have so many "I didnt feel it" excuses etc..
Back to top Go down
clAyton
clAyton

Dog Tag

MIL-SIM game mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIL-SIM game mode   MIL-SIM game mode I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:10 pm

I know what you're saying, but "I didn't feel it" isn't always an excuse...sometimes it's legit.

But, yeah, my brother and I had been toying with this idea about a year ago, but weren't sure of the success due to what I've already mentioned...but I think it bears attempting.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Ghost

Dog Tag

MIL-SIM game mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIL-SIM game mode   MIL-SIM game mode I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:19 pm

I understand it can be completely legit. and i think its worth a try ya kno.
Back to top Go down
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag
Specialty: Scout
Primary Gun: KWA SR-12

MIL-SIM game mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIL-SIM game mode   MIL-SIM game mode I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 6:35 pm

We already tried this I think, or I at least tried to get it going after playing arma 2, yeah I don't think this is going to work out too good, just go by Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising rules, you get hit once you're down no matter where it is for medic to come get you, get hit again, you're gone. (Be it death or medevac, up to you)
Back to top Go down
Krypteia07
Forum Watcher
Forum Watcher
Krypteia07

MIL-SIM game mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIL-SIM game mode   MIL-SIM game mode I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 6:57 pm

That would be my suggestion if your hit your down, no respawn, no walking away, you lay there dead. If your American Forces than you should get points for not leaving a buddy behind. Yes that means Fireman Carry or dragging someone out by the vest. A medic is questionable, I guess you could try a game with one and a game without one just to see how it goes.

Also give me some types of missions you guys would like to try. What era? What kind of military units? Types I can think of are: Pilot down, Hostage situations, Recon Patrols, Weapons Confiscation missions. Also toyed with the idea of making the enemy actors so they wouldnt necessarily be hostile all the time. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Admin

Location : North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe, Third Dimension, Reality, Unreality

Dog Tag
Primary Gun: Dboy SCAR-L

MIL-SIM game mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIL-SIM game mode   MIL-SIM game mode I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 7:26 am

Krypteia07 wrote:
Also toyed with the idea of making the enemy actors so they wouldnt necessarily be hostile all the time.
Can you elaborate more on this idea?

The main problem with a MILSIM game (for us) is that it's a pretty niche interest. A lot of people don't want to invest the money or effort to play in one. We could always compromise realism to accommodate more people, but that pretty much completely defeats the point of MILSIM. I think the best bet is to center the game around a small squad scenario so that we can have small attendance but still keep the environment realistic.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling and grammar fix)
Back to top Go down
Chosen_1
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Chosen_1

MIL-SIM game mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIL-SIM game mode   MIL-SIM game mode I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:47 am

Krypteia07 wrote:
Weapons Confiscation missions.

This wouldn't happen to be a scenario the police use, right?

Anyway, the most simple and fool-proof way to do it is as a few have mentioned: one hit your down, no respawn, no walk. It could be like America's Army, where an enemy can "secure" you once you are down. Or a teammate can "revive" you if they reach you. Only allow one revive per person, then your down for good (or the rest of the round). Think Search and Destroy on COD with a twist, you have the possibility of a second chance. It would have to definitely be objective-based, maybe even have a limit on the amount of ammo each person can carry (240 rounds=8 standard M4 mags?). This way people will stick to semi and carefully choose their shots. I don't think this will turn anyone away, as long as people are willing to participate in something different than "shoot 'em up".
Back to top Go down
clAyton
clAyton

Dog Tag

MIL-SIM game mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIL-SIM game mode   MIL-SIM game mode I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 5:11 am

Chosen_1 wrote:
It could be like America's Army...

YES! Best Mil-Sim Game Type possible.
Back to top Go down
Krypteia07
Forum Watcher
Forum Watcher
Krypteia07

MIL-SIM game mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIL-SIM game mode   MIL-SIM game mode I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 4:34 pm

You can definetly comprimise realism, I dont think it would take too much away. I mean I understand it won't be perfect, or necessarily look like a mil sim. But spending 100's of dollars on gear isnt worth it. I just mean mission oriented games rather than freefrall or something. Something with an objective and strategy. Dont worry about uniforms, worry about game content and rules. I listed those things above to see what kind of games you guys are interested in, then we can get into details on each one. Also what era of war, Vietnam, WW2, Iraq?
Back to top Go down
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag
Specialty: Scout
Primary Gun: KWA SR-12

MIL-SIM game mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIL-SIM game mode   MIL-SIM game mode I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 10:34 pm

clAyton wrote:
Chosen_1 wrote:
It could be like America's Army...

YES! Best Mil-Sim Game Type possible.

ArmA 2... lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MIL-SIM game mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: MIL-SIM game mode   MIL-SIM game mode I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MIL-SIM game mode
Page 1 of 1