Independent Airsofters United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Independent Airsofters United

Forum for members of Independent Airsoft

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inNipomo Aisoft Website

Joint Op

Go down 
+7
Cameron
MRSPRINKLZ
Chosen_1
clAyton
Admin
mavin117
Ghost
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag
Specialty: Scout
Primary Gun: KWA SR-12
Airsoft Group Affiliation: Independent Airsofters United

Joint Op - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 5:01 am

Maybe mercs should have a colored armband depending on their side, a not very noticeable color so like OD green and Black maybe to represent sides, that way you can get on binocs and check to see if they're friendly, otherwise the Mercs are just gonna get mowed down by both sides.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Admin

Location : North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe, Third Dimension, Reality, Unreality

Dog Tag
Specialty: Assault Recon
Primary Gun: Dboy SCAR-L

Joint Op - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 5:03 am

Standartenfuhrer Kurtz wrote:

it all sounds like a really great idea. I've been networking with the Airsoft Club at my school, and they'd love to have us come down and attend one of the So Cal Airsoft games.

Sounds fun. Post in the Event Suggestions if/when they set a date Very Happy

Ghost wrote:
There are only two teams besides the mercs. if the mercs shoot at you then they clearly arent friendly. Thats all you need to know.
Okay, I was just concerned about having to stop the game to accommodate team changing Razz
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Ghost

Dog Tag
Specialty: Sniper
Primary Gun: IDK rite now
Airsoft Group Affiliation: FUSAG/Orcutt Airsoft

Joint Op - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 5:16 am

part 3 will explain more about clothing
Back to top Go down
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 5:33 am

Try to make the clothing so that everyone can actually play, i.e. no "Multicam" only sides, so don't make the Allies all multicam because you're only going to get about 4 people for that, but if one SQUAD is multicam then that is fine.
Back to top Go down
Dark
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Dark

Dog Tag
Specialty: Support
Primary Gun: KWA SR-10

Joint Op - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 8:54 pm

Admin wrote:
I like this idea. So is it a free op, or are the teams splitting profit?

For the spontaneous events, we just have to let the team know that some are going to happen. Obviously, we won't tell them exactly what will happen though (or when). Seeing as I am out of action until I buy more BBs, I volunteer to ref.

The way I see it, here's what we need to get done before we can have this op:
1. Establish a good amount (4 minimum?) of refs.
2. Figure out the the story and general game type
3. Plan Spontaneous Events (refs only)

If there are no refs yet. i think it would be cool to have a ref.
Back to top Go down
clAyton
clAyton

Dog Tag
Primary Gun: KS P90 Long (PS-90)

Joint Op - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 1:58 am

Dark wrote:
If there are no refs yet. i think it would be cool to have a ref.
One thing for sure, this will dfinitely REQUIRE a good 3 or 4 refs, I'm thinking...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000010940975&ref=n
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 2:45 am

Parents maybe? The only problem is parents don't like getting shot haha, so give them red vests maybe, like the ones certain hunters wear?
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Ghost

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 2:50 am

no parents. Well, unless they want to but we already have one ref
Back to top Go down
Nick
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Nick

Dog Tag
Primary Gun: custom g300 (m4)

Joint Op - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 3:12 am

calvin... maybe get them to attend snowblind? no offense to everyone but i dont think we have half the equipment for a big so cal game
Back to top Go down
clAyton
clAyton

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 5:03 am

But for the guys who's batterIES can't last a full day of airsofting...or never have quite enough bbs...or don't bring enough water... ...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Admin

Location : North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe, Third Dimension, Reality, Unreality

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 7:11 am

I'll take a Systema with my Crosman springer any day Laughing

Kidding aside, let's keep it on topic. Go ahead and create another thread in Random Chit Chat if you want to pursue the topic further (seriously, it's worth discussing).

Ghost, by "no parents" do you mean no parents for refs, or no parents at the op at all?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Admin

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 12:07 am

Admin wrote:
Kidding aside, let's keep it on topic. Go ahead and create another thread in Random Chit Chat if you want to pursue the topic further (seriously, it's worth discussing).

Lol at self quoting. Topic split, please continue further discussion here.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Ghost

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 12:52 am

just for ref because id expect them to get bored.
Back to top Go down
clAyton
clAyton

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 3:25 am

Basically, don't bother asking them, but if they want to, why not? That's what I'd say...I'm betting most parents wouldn't want to ref anyway...
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Ghost

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 12:04 am

Here is the complete packet. Im still open to suggestions. I will make a date and sign up page later.

Story: February 4, 2011 a US satellite captures images of Serbian soldiers invading murdering the residents of a small town in order to make room for a missile bay. The photographs also reveal that there were some Russian soldiers involved. 2 weeks later the US lose contact with the satellite near Turkey. 6 days after losing the satellite, Azerbaijan officials state they have found the crash site north east of their capitol Baku, and will maintain military guard over it until the US can safely remove it. Meanwhile Serbia plans to invade the region and take the valuable satellite before the US can remove it. Russia also takes interest and sides with Serbia agreeing they will destroy the evidence of their crime before the US can reveal it publically. A large force of Serbian national soldiers as well as a squad of Russian Spetsnaz specialty soldiers move into the crash site's vicinity. Combat ensues as the Azerbaijan military fights to push the intruders back but soon realize they are outnumbered. The US military in response to the conflict send in a Delta Force detachment. In the middle of the turmoil a freelance mercenary battalion offers aid to whoever has the highest price.

AXIS:
Russian general (1 person)
Spetsnaz (1 squad)
Serbian Army (3 squads)

ALLIES:
NATO general (1 person)
Azerbaijan Military (3 squads)
US Delta Force (1 squad)

MERCENARY:
Mercenary leader (1 person)
Freelance mercenaries (1-2 squads)

Part 1: Rules of Engagement

You are wounded if… you are hit anywhere. If you are hit after a medic heals you, you are dead.

When you are killed… you lay down as if wounded, you must remain there for 30 seconds to a minute then return to the nearest respawn point to respawn. This is so the enemy will not know if they got a kill or not (unless they safety kill or check the body) thus boosting the realism.

When you are wounded… you sit down on the ground and are unable to shoot or move, but are able to call for help.

If you are found by a friendly player while wounded… you may be healed if they are a medic, if they are not they may protect you until a medic can heal you.

If you are found by an enemy player while wounded… they have the choice of safety killing you or capturing you.

If you are captured by the enemy… you cannot run away and must follow them. The enemy is allowed to confiscate the captured player’s weapon and communication tool but both have to remain in a 5 foot proximity to the owner. If the owner does not want his gun confiscated then their mags will be taken. Once in a stationary location, it is possible to escape by picking up any available weapon and safety killing your captors.

Use a safety kill when… you are within 5-10 feet of the enemy or when you find a wounded enemy.

Part 2: Basic Layout

Bases… Every team begins the operation with a base (a small building or encampment) where the players may keep their weapons and ammo. This is also the ideal location for the team general to remain and direct his troops. Note that this is NOT a place where you can take of your mask or glasses; it is still part of the in-game area. There will be a designated location where it will be safe to remove your safety gear, relax, eat, and sleep.

Generals… Every Team starts with a general (not every sub-faction, just the main ones). The AXIS and ALLIES generals are not meant to be in combat (but may carry a sidearm) and are supposed to direct their troops strategically. Generals also have the ability to spend the team’s currency on special abilities or delegate it to soldiers for them to spend. The mercenary leader is the only general who may be in combat with his troops. Once a general is killed the team must organize themselves and delegate money without a general.

Currency… Every team have a starting amount of currency. Teams earn currency from reffs by completing objectives, capturing territories, or doing an action that a reff thinks is worth currency. Currency can buy several abilities:

50= med kit- instant self heal for player

100= long range marksman support- player chooses an enemy player to be "shot" and calls head or tails. The ref than goes over to the unfortunate player and tells him he was "shot", and depending on the call of the player, the shot player is killed or wounded. The calling player does not know if his call was correct or not, therefore, he doesn't know if it was a kill or not.

150= mortar strike- The player chooses a bunker. All players within the bunker are killed or wounded at the discretion of the ref. This bonus can only be used on buildings, bunkers, etc. not on open ground.

200= 30mm strafing run- player points out an area of open ground. All players in a 50 foot vicinity are killed or wounded at the ref's discretion. This bonus is useless against entrenched or heavily bunkered targets.

500= airstrike- thorough carpet bombing in a 100 foot radius leaves all players wounded or killed at the discretion of the ref.
Currency may also be used to bribe the mercenary team into helping them (see the mercenary section for more details). Currency must be placed somewhere at your base and may also be stolen by/from other teams.

Territories… The starting base for each team gives territory. More territory may be gained by capturing outposts which are all over the field and resemble smaller bases. Outposts are also respawn points for each team. At the end of the game, territories will be factored into the final score for each team.

Medics… There are allowed to be 4 medics per team except the mercenary team which may have two. Medics carry a red rag which must be tied and then untied on the wounded player to heal him.

Mercenaries… The mercenary team may act as a rogue team against all others or may join another team for the right price. Once the mercenaries have joined another team they must follow any orders issued to them by the team they’re with. They CANNOT suddenly betray the team but may instead tell the team that their treaty is off and they are no longer friendly.

Satellite… The satellite in the operation counts as an outpost, and can be captured like a territory. Players cannot respawn at the satellite.

.Part 3: Teams

Objectives… All objectives are up to the team general. Specialty soldiers are expected to go on special missions but this is not guaranteed.

AXIS
Spetsnaz
Acceptable clothing: Woodland or dark green colors, tactical gear, fur hats, bureaus, or helmets, Russian attire or pins.
Acceptable weapons: Any Russian made weapon including AK’s and SVD’s. M4’s are also allowed but preferably kept to a minimum. Tactical attachments are allowed.

Serbian National Forces
Acceptable clothing: Primarily woodland, tactical gear, helmets, ski masks.
Acceptable weapons: Any Russian made weapon including AK’s and SVD’s. M16’s and some European weapons are allowed but must be kept to a minimum.

ALLIES
Azerbaijan Military
Acceptable clothing: Multicam, tactical gear, helmets.
Acceptable weapons: Anything US or European made.

Delta Force Detachment
Acceptable clothing: ACU, Desert, tactical gear, helmets.
Acceptable weapons: Anything US made.

MERCENARIES
Acceptable Clothing: Civilian clothing, minimal camouflage, terrorist apparel, head wraps, etc.
Acceptable weapons: Anything.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Admin

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 12:46 am

Somewhat daunting, but it's looking good!
Back to top Go down
Chosen_1
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Chosen_1

Joint Op - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 10:42 pm

I was watching another episode of airsoft in Scotland, and I really liked how the medic rules work there. If you are shot, you can receive "first aid" (white rag) from a teammate. If a designated medic arrives, he can permanently treat your wound (remove the white rag).
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Ghost

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 1:31 am

What are the specific differences between first aid and being strait up healed?
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Ghost

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:02 pm

I am wondering if I should add another faction to each team. For the AXIS would be the taliban and the ALLIES would have the rangers. Any thoughts if I should or if we have enough? The reason I want to add more sub factions is because it allows there to be multiple forces tasked with doing multiple things at the same time adding to the realistic and military feel. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
clAyton
clAyton

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:38 pm

I think that teams should choose their own squads for different tasks. We could do it more organized, though...not a bad idea.

Is it at all possible to change the name of AXIS? I don't know why, but it's just bugging the heck out of me...I guess I'm just stubborn and only think of the Axis powers Germany, Italy, and Japan...I'll get over it, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Ghost

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:51 pm

How bout INSURGENTS? the teams can still choose what to make their troops do. The names just help organize them better. I'll repost part 3 again when I make the changes. Then we can get to talking about setting it up. I'm thinking sometime is November, December, or January.
Back to top Go down
Chosen_1
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Chosen_1

Joint Op - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 12:07 am

November is War of Angels, December is Snowblind, I say plan it for January.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Ghost

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 12:59 am

will do
Back to top Go down
Nick
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Nick

Dog Tag
Primary Gun: custom g300 (m4)

Joint Op - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 1:48 am

maybe we could have monthly opps guys?
IAU nipomo FUSAG and then obliviously ASGI gets priority on whatever month they have an OP
Back to top Go down
Admin
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Admin

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 4:17 am

I say no monthly Ops. Sometimes we don't play more than two pickup games a month. I expect the Ops would get kinda tedious if we did them that often, plus it would get expensive for the players. They should be reserved for special occasions, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Joint Op - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joint Op
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Independent Airsofters United :: Suggestions :: Game Type Suggestions-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com