Independent Airsofters United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Independent Airsofters United

Forum for members of Independent Airsoft

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inNipomo Aisoft Website

Joint Op

Go down 
+7
Cameron
MRSPRINKLZ
Chosen_1
clAyton
Admin
mavin117
Ghost
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Admin

Location : North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe, Third Dimension, Reality, Unreality

Dog Tag
Specialty: Assault Recon
Primary Gun: Dboy SCAR-L
Airsoft Group Affiliation: Independent Airsofters United

Joint Op - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 6:02 am

Cameron wrote:
ITS SNOWBLIND! Evil or Very Mad
Oops, my bad. I kinda mixed Arcstorm and Blindstorm Snowblind.

I think we should try to get permission for Egypt first before we explore other options. If we all sign some liability waivers for them, there shouldn't be a problem right?
Back to top Go down
mavin117
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
mavin117

Dog Tag
Primary Gun: Army Armament L85
Airsoft Group Affiliation: FUSAG/Orcutt Airsoft

Joint Op - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 1:19 am

Quote :
I am still against game-ending nukes. It is a lose lose situation. If one team gets enough points to have a nuke, they are probably already winning a landslide victory. In that case, the team could easily win the game without the need for a nuke. Last stands by the losing team are some of the most epic moments for both sides, in my opinion at least. If, by some strange chance, both teams are close to a nuke, that means that the game is going well and it would be a shame to cut such a balanced game short.

Honestly, I just do not know what game-enders would add to the game at all.
i agree, game enders suck in airsoft and in any other scenario.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orcuttairsoft.webs.com
Nick
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Nick

Dog Tag
Primary Gun: custom g300 (m4)

Joint Op - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 3:36 am

well the nuke can work either way... you have to win by 5000 points or if its a landslide victory or whatever
Back to top Go down
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag
Specialty: Scout
Primary Gun: KWA SR-12

Joint Op - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 3:47 am

mavin117 wrote:
Quote :
I am still against game-ending nukes. It is a lose lose situation. If one team gets enough points to have a nuke, they are probably already winning a landslide victory. In that case, the team could easily win the game without the need for a nuke. Last stands by the losing team are some of the most epic moments for both sides, in my opinion at least. If, by some strange chance, both teams are close to a nuke, that means that the game is going well and it would be a shame to cut such a balanced game short.

Honestly, I just do not know what game-enders would add to the game at all.
i agree, game enders suck in airsoft and in any other scenario.

Yeah, I find them terrible, I prefer it like Dylan has where there are 2 Nuclear sites that are not usable unless the enemy does not clear them of hostiles and the game ends, then the nukes were successfully "launched" but thats a timer game, not random chance of nuclear warfare. I do, however, love the games like that, so much cooperation required and you all have to try your hardest to not die... haha
Back to top Go down
Chosen_1
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Chosen_1

Joint Op - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 11:52 pm

I wouldn't let on to them that we were planning a huge event, or else they may say no. We could just ask for written permission to play there, to show to the police or whoever. We can deal with liability seperately.
Back to top Go down
mavin117
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
mavin117

Dog Tag
Primary Gun: Army Armament L85

Joint Op - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 12:52 am

yeah if its such a victory, why do you need a nuke. and with all this talk of points, have you thought about that this isnt a game where a computer tallys it all for you real time. and there can and will be an incredible amount of confusion when you gather to tally the points from each person..and inevitably arguments will ensue and so on and so forth eventually contributing to the end of the world.....most likely
Back to top Go down
http://www.orcuttairsoft.webs.com
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 2:22 am

So basically, after all of the arguments start, everyone is for themselves and has to try to launch the nuke killing everyone else, yet somehow surviving the explosion haha.

I still think it should be OBJECTIVE based, for example, Star Wars Battlefront or Company of Heroes, there are strategic points and resource caches (coh) that you can capture, I still wish we had it to where we would have to raise a flag up to capture a location, and take down the enemy flag and raise yours in order to control the area, and if the time limit ends, whoever controls more than 1/2 of the objectives wins, thats my take on this.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Ghost

Dog Tag
Specialty: Sniper
Primary Gun: IDK rite now

Joint Op - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 4:12 am

The point of the op is to make it as open ended as possible to enable more randomness. responding to the argument thing, like chosen1 said, reffs word is law. if anyone has any problems they can take it up with the reffs. I dont think I should ask permission because I dont think Im too good at those type things. Anyone else willing to? I will also repost the first part of the packet since it has been fixed as well as post the second part when I finish it.
Back to top Go down
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 10:11 pm

oh so you're going S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky on us with the multiple factions style thing? that would be cool if we got enough but I mean clear sky in general so theres like random raids, counterattacks and all that good stuff, minus the mutants. (lol dragging stalker into this xD)
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Ghost

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 11:00 pm

please stay on topic. I will post part 2 soon
Back to top Go down
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 11:01 pm

That is on topic? Actually read it next time....
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Ghost

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 11:02 pm

just please dont bring stalker into this
Back to top Go down
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 11:04 pm

I said the game style, like I said, actually read it before posting....
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Ghost

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 11:19 pm

I did read it and understand how it relates to stalker. Im just saying I dont want people to bring things that do not have to do with the op up because once someone says one thing then other people start talking about it too ya know?
Back to top Go down
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 11:21 pm

Nobody here plays that game except for me and Mavin, we're about the only 2 PC gamers in this place, I just figured the game style would be the same. So would the teams be divided into 2 or would we have 3 factions?

Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Ghost

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 11:27 pm

there are 3 factions but two of them have several sub- factions (see the story draft on page 2)
Back to top Go down
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 12:18 am

Ah how many players to a squad or will that be determined when people show up/sign up?
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Ghost

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 12:48 am

Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Ghost

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 12:51 am

Heres part two:
Part 2: Basic Layout

Bases… Every team begins the operation with a base (a small building or encampment) where the players may keep their weapons and ammo. This is also the ideal location for the team general to remain and direct his troops. Note that this is NOT a place where you can take of your mask or glasses; it is still part of the in-game area. There will be a designated location where it will be safe to remove your safety gear, relax, eat, and sleep.

Generals… Every Team starts with a general (not every sub-faction, just the main ones). The AXIS and ALLIES generals are not meant to be in combat (but may carry a sidearm) and are supposed to direct their troops strategically. Generals also have the ability to spend the team’s currency on special abilities or delegate it to soldiers for them to spend. The mercenary leader is the only general who may be in combat with his troops. Once a general is killed the team must organize themselves and delegate money without a general.

Currency… Every team have a starting amount of currency. Teams earn currency from reffs by completing objectives, capturing territories, or doing an action that a reff thinks is worth currency. Currency can buy several abilities:
50= med kit- instant self heal for player

100= long range marksman support- player chooses an enemy player to be "shot" and calls head or tails. The ref than goes over to the unfortunate player and tells him he was "shot", and depending on the call of the player, the shot player is killed or wounded. The calling player does not know if his call was correct or not, therefore, he doesn't know if it was a kill or not.

150= mortar strike- The player chooses a bunker. All players within the bunker are killed or wounded at the discretion of the ref. This bonus can only be used on buildings, bunkers, etc. not on open ground.

200= 30mm strafing run- player points out an area of open ground. All players in a 50 foot vicinity are killed or wounded at the ref's discretion. This bonus is useless against entrenched or heavily bunkered targets.

500= airstrike- thorough carpet bombing in a 100 foot radius leaves all players wounded or killed at the discretion of the ref.
Currency may also be used to bribe the mercenary team into helping them (see the mercenary section for more details). Currency must be placed somewhere at your base and may also be stolen by/from other teams.

Territories… The starting base for each team gives territory. More territory may be gained by capturing outposts which are all over the field and resemble smaller bases. Outposts are also respawn points for each team. At the end of the game, territories will be factored into the final score for each team.

Medics… There are allowed to be 4 medics per team except the mercenary team which may have two. Medics carry a red rag which must be tied and then untied on the wounded player to heal him.

Mercenaries… The mercenary team may act as a rogue team against all others or may join another team for the right price. Once the mercenaries have joined another team they must follow any orders issued to them by the team they’re with. They CANNOT suddenly betray the team but may instead tell the team that their treaty is off and they are no longer friendly.

Satellite… The satellite in the operation counts as an outpost, and can be captured like a territory. Players cannot respawn at the satellite.
Back to top Go down
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 12:58 am

Wait so are we sure you have this Urban place because bonuses such as the Mortar strike cannot be used unless there are structures.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Ghost

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 1:07 am

These are chosen ones killstreaks. I suppose mortar strike could be easily used on outposts. As for the location we are currently trying to use Egypt. We will have to build the outposts before the game.
Back to top Go down
clAyton
clAyton

Dog Tag
Primary Gun: KS P90 Long (PS-90)

Joint Op - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 3:22 am

I love the merc idea...just saying...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000010940975&ref=n
Admin
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Admin

Location : North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe, Third Dimension, Reality, Unreality

Dog Tag
Primary Gun: Dboy SCAR-L

Joint Op - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 12:36 am

Perhaps the mercenaries could have something to identify what team they are on? Something like a shemagh (or other cloth tied like a shemagh) would be nice. Having to inform teams formally which team the mercs are on would interrupt the flow of the game.
Back to top Go down
Standartenfuhrer Kurtz
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Standartenfuhrer Kurtz

Dog Tag
Specialty: Assault
Primary Gun: Beretta Rx4

Joint Op - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 1:59 am

it all sounds like a really great idea. I've been networking with the Airsoft Club at my school, and they'd love to have us come down and attend one of the So Cal Airsoft games.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Ghost

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 4:35 am

There are only two teams besides the mercs. if the mercs shoot at you then they clearly arent friendly. Thats all you need to know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Joint Op - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joint Op
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Independent Airsofters United :: Suggestions :: Game Type Suggestions-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com