Independent Airsofters United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Independent Airsofters United

Forum for members of Independent Airsoft

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inNipomo Aisoft Website

Joint Op

Go down 
+7
Cameron
MRSPRINKLZ
Chosen_1
clAyton
Admin
mavin117
Ghost
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag
Specialty: Scout
Primary Gun: KWA SR-12
Airsoft Group Affiliation: Independent Airsofters United

Joint Op - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 3:01 am

I'm not very comfortable with having my equipment taken either, that normally goes south, and next thing you know captives will conceal weapons like a fake knife or pistol and go Sam Fisher on the enemy haha, but seriously, the weapon confiscation is kind of iffy with me maybe just not allowed to use it and sling the gun or something. Also the safety kill policy, this has to be a "Bang bang" type scenario, shooting anyone from that distance is not allowed.
Back to top Go down
Chosen_1
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Chosen_1

Joint Op - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 3:27 am

I think that a definite "kill" should only occur with money bonuses. Also, the hit specific wound and kill system will cause problems. People will argue about where they got hit, and a ref may not be there to resolve it. I have more things I would like to say; we should have an in-person meeting for all of the authorities from our groups.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Ghost

Dog Tag
Specialty: Sniper
Primary Gun: IDK rite now
Airsoft Group Affiliation: FUSAG/Orcutt Airsoft

Joint Op - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 3:30 am

Fair enough. I do think a headshot should be a definite kill but its negotiatable.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Admin

Location : North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe, Third Dimension, Reality, Unreality

Dog Tag
Specialty: Assault Recon
Primary Gun: Dboy SCAR-L

Joint Op - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 3:52 am

Cameron, I believe the safety kill is just Ghost's wording for the "bang bang" kills.

For killed and wounded systems, I personally prefer a limited healing type of thing. So you can be healed once by a medic, but after that another shot will take you down. If I were playing, I wouldn't feel comfortable with my stuff being confiscated either. For a hostage scenario, taking mags will suffice. While we're on the subject of hostages, no hostage meat shields...that creates all kinds of conflicts Rolling Eyes

An in-person meeting would definitely be beneficial. If there is one, I might bring another person (if that is okay with everyone else). I generally try and avoid being the sole voice of IAU, since my preference is not always what the others want.
Back to top Go down
clAyton
clAyton

Dog Tag
Primary Gun: KS P90 Long (PS-90)

Joint Op - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 3:56 am

Ghost wrote:
Fair enough. I do think a headshot should be a definite kill but its negotiatable.

A main reason for not having headshots better than other location-shots is that it encourages headshooting, which we have everyone try to avoid in the first place. Generally (maybe some have forgotten) we say to NOT aim for the head--if they're hit in the head, it still counts like normal, but it isn't any different than anywhere else, since the head is where airsoft guns can do any REAL damage. Sure, eye protection protects your eyes, but I'm not gonna wear a mouthguard and plug my ears because headshots are one shot kills, and others aren't. And, yeah, what Chosen1 said, it will just lead to unnecessary argument.

Also, I am against gun confiscation of any kind( though mags are a great substitute), mainly due to the previously mentioned reasons (thanks cam&nick). They are our personal property, and we don't want to get thrust into an accountability war if something happens to one.

This was all written before the above post.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000010940975&ref=n
Ghost
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Ghost

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 4:39 am

Iam not saying we should encourage headshots, Im just saying if we're hit in the head it should count as a kill. Also Im not saying that your guns should be taken away, just set down out of reach but in a place where you can obviously see it (5 feet away from you is fine if you want) your captors wont even have to touch your gun. mags are fine by me though if everyone likes that.
Back to top Go down
Chosen_1
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Chosen_1

Joint Op - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 4:51 am

Having different effects for hit locations always leads to conflict. Say I want to use my .338 Lapua sniper rifle, that has enough force to kill even with a hit to a limb. It is best to make it one shot wounded, healed, shot again, killed.

I am totally fine with the confiscation idea, however, the confiscated weapon must be within eyesight of the prisoner and it must be no farther than 10 feet away from him.
Back to top Go down
Nick
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Nick

Dog Tag
Primary Gun: custom g300 (m4)

Joint Op - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 4:54 am

how about instead of a real hostage the player is out of the game till either he/she or the leader transfers $100 to the enemy, until then you cannot move.

i also say that every player starts with $100 and then achievements are worth oh so mucheace

josh i would like to attend the meeting with you because i have a lot of ideas but never can type em all as fast as i can say em

i also say if a team gets $100,000 they get a nuke and that ends the game

headshots are a no no it can be painful if it slips to the throat or the ear makes a ringing sound with a facemask

i dont think that is all of my thoughts so i will problaby double post
Back to top Go down
Nick
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Nick

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 4:57 am

ok heres my double post, the event could be held at our field but i would preffer it at dylans house because we can work on the field before

also dylan would you be cool if we dug trenches and made bunkers?
Back to top Go down
Dark
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Dark

Dog Tag
Specialty: Support
Primary Gun: KWA SR-10

Joint Op - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 5:00 am

if so that would b sick
Back to top Go down
Admin
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Admin

Location : North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe, Third Dimension, Reality, Unreality

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 7:07 am

I am still against game-ending nukes. It is a lose lose situation. If one team gets enough points to have a nuke, they are probably already winning a landslide victory. In that case, the team could easily win the game without the need for a nuke. Last stands by the losing team are some of the most epic moments for both sides, in my opinion at least. If, by some strange chance, both teams are close to a nuke, that means that the game is going well and it would be a shame to cut such a balanced game short.

Honestly, I just do not know what game-enders would add to the game at all.
Back to top Go down
Nick
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Nick

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 1:32 pm

you have to have some set way to end the game usually its you have to get some where but that could make it end too fast, if it's a landslide game thats where a nuke is nice, if its close the reffs can call out "NUKE PRICE INCREASE $150000"
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Ghost

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 2:19 pm

Thinking it over I think the nuke idea is a bad idea. The ONLY way a nuke could be used is if after you call it in there is a time limit before it strikes and in that time other teams are able to do "something" to stop it.
Back to top Go down
Chosen_1
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Chosen_1

Joint Op - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 11:24 pm

If we had it at my field, there would be a 30 player limit. Also, I live on bedrock pretty much, so have fun trying to dig trenches. But yes, you can come over and build bunkers if you'd like.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Ghost

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 12:59 am

I hear Egypts the biggest, and if this op is gonna happen the field needs to be BIG
Back to top Go down
Nick
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Nick

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 3:54 am

i wouldnt like to be at egypt for a long period of time (im guessing you guys want a like 8 hour game)

but right now it does sound like the best chance we got
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Ghost

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 11:52 pm

Does anybody know who we should talk to if we want to use Egypt for this op? Also anybody have a month that we could do it?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Admin

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 3:38 am

For the month, we are supposed to be having Operation: Blindstorm during winter. Kremer said it was too hot during Arcstorm to play most of the day, so maybe sometime during the spring? Might run into problems with rain though...

And I have no idea who owns the Egypt field, I've never been there.
Back to top Go down
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:08 pm

ITS SNOWBLIND! Evil or Very Mad

jk haha, but yeah, Arcstorm was VERY hot we could not play during the daytime due to the heat, and when my side finally wanted to play they were too freakin busy making a drink out of random soda's/energy drinks they had! hahaha. I believe a church owns the Egypt field, someone told me something about it, and we saw this giant cross when we were out playing in the distance on the property.
Back to top Go down
Chosen_1
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Chosen_1

Joint Op - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 1:46 am

Coastal Christian School owns Egypt. They have been planning for decades to move their school there, but it has never happened. I don't see why they wouldn't give us permission to play there.
Back to top Go down
Nick
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Nick

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 2:13 am

lets write the rules and meet up before we set a date
Back to top Go down
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 2:20 am

How about we actually contact them before making it official? Anyone got the info on that place?
Back to top Go down
Nick
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Nick

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 2:23 am

well we are going to have a joint op for sure somewhere...

if someone has a little sister maybe borrow her club house to house an objective?
Back to top Go down
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 4:12 am

Well if we intend to have it at Egypt we need to contact them first seeing as it most likely wont be held locally at Union Valley, Change it up a bit.
Back to top Go down
Nick
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Nick

Dog Tag

Joint Op - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 5:06 am

maybe a ranch...??? hm...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Joint Op - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joint Op   Joint Op - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joint Op
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Independent Airsofters United :: Suggestions :: Game Type Suggestions-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com