Independent Airsofters United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Independent Airsofters United

Forum for members of Independent Airsoft

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inNipomo Aisoft Website

S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode

Go down 
+4
Admin
clAyton
Ghost
mavin117
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
mavin117
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
mavin117

Dog Tag
Specialty: Assault Recon
Primary Gun: Army Armament L85
Airsoft Group Affiliation: FUSAG/Orcutt Airsoft

S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 2:23 am

oh and cameron i would like your opinion on this. we could do the medkits like in the game to revive fallen comrades, but if we do i think they should be in short supply and expensive. and when somone is out, we need to have a good area for them to hang out and be entertained, a respawn cycle, and respawn should be linked to a person or a mobile object, not a location since locations can trade hands.
let me know what you think
Back to top Go down
http://www.orcuttairsoft.webs.com
Standartenfuhrer Kurtz
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Standartenfuhrer Kurtz

Dog Tag
Specialty: Assault
Primary Gun: Beretta Rx4
Airsoft Group Affiliation: Independent Airsofters United

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 3:15 am

You guys are obsessed! In a good way, though...
Back to top Go down
mavin117
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
mavin117

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 3:57 am

dude whether you have played the game or not, this will be an epic game, mode, story line, and just fun airsoft event. although i will say it is far better for those who have played the game.
Back to top Go down
clAyton
clAyton

Dog Tag
Primary Gun: KS P90 Long (PS-90)

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 4:25 am

I should try making one based on Mass Effect...

anyway, I like how this is turning out. I'm getting excited for this, and I love the thought going into it...can't wait until it comes to fruition!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000010940975&ref=n
Admin
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Admin

Location : North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe, Third Dimension, Reality, Unreality

Dog Tag
Primary Gun: Dboy SCAR-L

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 5:04 am

Props on the ideas Mavin, +1

I like your vision of how the economy will work out. Needless to say, this is an ambitious project, and we've generally failed to hold our large project plans together for more than a month. Let's try and keep this one alive, it's bound to be awesome if we can make it work out.

One issue I feel the need to bring up is money. Obviously, this project will require substantial investment from somewhere. How do we plan on getting this money? A fundraiser game? I was thinking that an initial entry fee would work. A certain amount to allow you to play for the whole year or something. Required renewals at each new year would ensure that the game always has enough money to refresh supplies. The only problem is that any substantial initial fee would probably turn away new players.

On a side note, these gas masks might work:
http://www.amazon.com/Soviet-Russian-WWII-Adult-Shoulder/dp/B001RJBYVM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1286946045&sr=8-5
Read the reviews, one of the buyers used it for a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. costume Very Happy

Oh, and ASGI has a new patch. Ironically, I had this thread open in a tab when I saw the patch:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 2 200x143_airsoft_AGI_Shield_Patch_01x
Back to top Go down
Nick
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Nick

Dog Tag
Primary Gun: custom g300 (m4)

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 5:12 am

those things scare me they are just so like death related to me
Back to top Go down
mavin117
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
mavin117

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 5:11 pm

well first off im glad that you guys like my ideas. i have put alot of thought into this for quite some time and i believe that because i am so critical and sometimes negative, i have successfully worked out most of any potential problems.
secondly, i dont understand why this has to cost anything at all. and if we did get funds for the game, what would we spend it on?
thirdly, for the in game currency. i figured i could make a good representation of roubles (russian currency used in the game) in photoshop and we can have a "contest" if you will to make the best representation or best liked from of paper money. after that is decided, we can edit the image so it fits an 8 1/2 by 11 standard piece of paper filled with copies of this image at an acceptable size per image. then we post it on the site, give the specs for printing it, and have a bunch of people print a few sheets each. that way no one is stuck with wasting lots of ink on the currency, but we get alot of it, and if we print of "x" # of sheets per player, that will also help keep money balanced in the game based on the # of players.
and fourthly, i cant say i support the idea of actually wearing a gas mask when it is part of your gear, maybe just carrying out or holding it up to your face when passing through hazerdous zones due to the fact that they are hot, and generally uncomfortable in the long run, so to swap the gas mask and your normal airsoft mask or goggles or whatever would mean removing you protective mask on the field and i have always been against that. but, on a lighter note, if you need to use one or both hands to hold you gas mask when going to retrieve an artifact or whatever it is, that impairs your ability to fight for yourself, which discourages people from becoming loners who hide in hazard zones and fight people from there and further requires (or at least strongly suggests) some form of mutual cooperation between factions.
and lastly, i feel we should eliminate the bandit faction becasue: a) we dont have enough players to do all that dividing, and more importantly, b) the bandits and stalkers are essentially the same people just with different motives and sadly we cannot program people the way you can representations of people in a game. HOWEVER, if a stalker does decide to just be a jerk and take all they can by force, i dont see what would stop me from thinking of them as a bandit. all im saying is there is no official bandit faction.
Back to top Go down
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag
Specialty: Scout
Primary Gun: KWA SR-12

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 10:09 pm

mavin117 wrote:
oh and cameron i would like your opinion on this. we could do the medkits like in the game to revive fallen comrades, but if we do i think they should be in short supply and expensive. and when somone is out, we need to have a good area for them to hang out and be entertained, a respawn cycle, and respawn should be linked to a person or a mobile object, not a location since locations can trade hands.
let me know what you think

Medkits: Almost a definate, sometimes when wandering in STALKER you come across a firefight and find a wounded soldier who was presumed dead by the enemy who moved on, this greatly increases people chances for survival as well, We could use the brass shells from my nagant as a medkit since players can't just show up with nagant ammo shells easily, feel free to add onto this.

Respawns: Respawns we should follow by the game ,after every blowout its a respawn, blowout every mm lets say 30 minutes or something? We can have an offsite camp with a radio and stuff for people to hang out at? That would eliminate the factor of having to move the respawn waiting zone.
Back to top Go down
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 10:12 pm

mavin117 wrote:
well first off im glad that you guys like my ideas. i have put alot of thought into this for quite some time and i believe that because i am so critical and sometimes negative, i have successfully worked out most of any potential problems.
secondly, i dont understand why this has to cost anything at all. and if we did get funds for the game, what would we spend it on?
thirdly, for the in game currency. i figured i could make a good representation of roubles (russian currency used in the game) in photoshop and we can have a "contest" if you will to make the best representation or best liked from of paper money. after that is decided, we can edit the image so it fits an 8 1/2 by 11 standard piece of paper filled with copies of this image at an acceptable size per image. then we post it on the site, give the specs for printing it, and have a bunch of people print a few sheets each. that way no one is stuck with wasting lots of ink on the currency, but we get alot of it, and if we print of "x" # of sheets per player, that will also help keep money balanced in the game based on the # of players.
and fourthly, i cant say i support the idea of actually wearing a gas mask when it is part of your gear, maybe just carrying out or holding it up to your face when passing through hazerdous zones due to the fact that they are hot, and generally uncomfortable in the long run, so to swap the gas mask and your normal airsoft mask or goggles or whatever would mean removing you protective mask on the field and i have always been against that. but, on a lighter note, if you need to use one or both hands to hold you gas mask when going to retrieve an artifact or whatever it is, that impairs your ability to fight for yourself, which discourages people from becoming loners who hide in hazard zones and fight people from there and further requires (or at least strongly suggests) some form of mutual cooperation between factions.
and lastly, i feel we should eliminate the bandit faction becasue: a) we dont have enough players to do all that dividing, and more importantly, b) the bandits and stalkers are essentially the same people just with different motives and sadly we cannot program people the way you can representations of people in a game. HOWEVER, if a stalker does decide to just be a jerk and take all they can by force, i dont see what would stop me from thinking of them as a bandit. all im saying is there is no official bandit faction.

Gas masks: Maybe just tie a bandana around your face or hold it up to your mouth all "The Colony" status?

Money: Good idea, but the thing is I don't know if anyone wants to trade Ammo for printed money, and what of overprinting?

Bandits: Maybe just have it so if enough people go Loner with no faction and want another place to go (Maybe due to political affairs with factions) they can make a small bandit side group, but not a main faction.
Back to top Go down
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 10:22 pm

Also, for my outfit, let me know what you think of this?;p

3 Day assault pack to store my stuff, IF you want to go original get the Veschmeshok Russian military backpack, I was going to get that but I need a 3 Day assault pack for hiking as well.

OD Green Trenchcoat Works good in all conditions and is durable, thanks for that, Calvin.

Tactical Vest (over trenchcoat maybe) to store all of my stuff, hey, stalkers wear them too!;p

Belt with Canteen, Pistol holster & Dump pouch

Gas mask (maybe) For anomalous activity

OD Green Pants

Black boots (waterproof!) All around durable product, can last easily in the "Zone"

Headlamp Gotta have one for night travelling, $2 at harbor freight! Can't go wrong, also waterproof.

OD Green Pants Yeah, its green, what of it?

I guess thats it aside from some accessories.

-Side note- I found a cool outfit on www.frontofrussia.com heres a pic.

Chernobyl 1986
S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 2 25f
Famous computer game S.T.A.L.K.E.R. main character image. Sizes S, M, L. The set contains: KLMK camo (jacket and pants), gasmask in bag, vieshmeshok backpack, canvas field army belt

Chernobyl 1986(b)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 2 36f
S.T.A.L.K.E.R Chernobyl 1986 tragedy-based videogame main character image... The set includes: protective anorak coat, Soviet military production gasmask in bag, 1980s field Soviet EM belt, waist AK mags holster, chest AK mags holster

I prefer the first 1986 one, I wont be ordering it but hey, it looks cool and if you want a new airsoft loadout, theres it. haha

First runs for $65 other for $85.

And heres a random funny pic for ya;p

S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 2 Stalker_knife_fight
Back to top Go down
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 11:30 pm

We can play this song in base!

Back to top Go down
Admin
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Admin

Location : North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe, Third Dimension, Reality, Unreality

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Whoa Cameron, quadruple post? Sheesh, just edit it in! Laughing

I was thinking of bandannas after I read Mavin's post too. They're cheap and easy to put on; perfect for our purposes I think. Cameron, the Colony is kinda stupid, but I still watch it haha...no worse than Survivor I guess Rolling Eyes

If there's respawns after every blowout, what happens when a blowout kills you? Will you lose ammo or supplies if you die? Otherwise when you die in a blowout, you'll just respawn instantly with no consequence... We could just have people drop some ammo where they died, and it's up for grabs. The person who died will have to walk to respawn and back, so unless he's either really fast or really lucky, he won't be able to retrieve his stuff. Of course, no losing of gear or guns.

And I was thinking we'd need money for all of the merchant's stuff. I'm not entirely sure how much stuff the merchant will have, I just assumed he'll have a sizable inventory. If it's not that much, I suppose you're right and we won't need any funds.

Speaking of merchants, I think I might have a system worked out to keep them entertained:
When we were talking about merchants, the image I had in my mind was of a Fallout 3 style traveling merchant. We could have the merchant carry only a limited supply of goods at any given time (we'll go under the assumption that he has a hidden stash for what he is not selling at the moment). That way, even if the merchant is killed, the supplies gained from the raid won't horribly over power one faction.

Also, the merchant could hire STALKERS to guard him. For a daily salary, the STALKERS will defend the merchant from attack and theft. In addition, the merchant has the ability to supply free ammo to his guards. It's a mutually beneficial agreement: Merchant doesn't get killed, and the guards get steady pay and free ammo. At any given time, the merchant or guards could betray one another, but really, why would they want to?

In the event that a merchant is killed, he'll be out of the game for two blowouts. If he gets bored, he can become a creature for the duration of his respawn. In that way, attacking a merchant is a gamble. If the raiders manage to take down the merchant, they will get immediate benefits, but the merchant will be unavailable for two blowouts. Not desirable for any of the factions. Hopefully this will allow the merchant to get into some firefights without the possibility of unbalancing the game, as well as add another layer of economy.

One last thing. I'm not sure how true this is to the STALKER universe, but I think it'd be cool to be able to set bounties. That way there's a serious consequence for attempting to kill a rich faction's members. Also, it'd add another motivation to accumulate wealth, instead of just for survival

I lied, I just thought of something else. Do people need to follow strict factions? Could there possibly be schisms in a faction or sub groups? Differences in ideals within the factions is bound to happen, I just want to know whether players will be able to act upon it or if they're stuck where they are.
Back to top Go down
mavin117
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
mavin117

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 3:26 am

ok, i will respond as the things come to mind, and i read them. so they will be out of order, but answered non the less.

first and formost. i DO NOT suggest trading of actual bbs between players for paper money as an only means of getting ammo. they can do this IF they choose, but the merchant is simply the middleman for getting ammo. when you "purchase" ammo from the merchant, you are permited to retrieve the ammount bought from your real world ammo stash however big or small it may be. because honestly, i for one would not want to be have a varied ammo pile because people used different ammo weights. this way everyone gets to use thier ammo, but dont have free access to the ammo.

as for hireing stalkers for the merchant. i understand where you are coming from on this idea and your train of thought, but you must realize that it is far easier for anyone to simply kill him. i suggest that he not be able to be killed, but he can however hire stalkers to do his bidding to influence the market and sort of have some fun playing god and using his minions to carry out his whim. as for him bieng a creature maybe every other blowout, that is an exellent idea. this way he is plenty entertained and creatures simply want you dead and will pick on the weakest and smallest of groups. the time intervals for his current state of bieng would definitely need to be worked out ahead of time.

as for death. money would be lost and up for loot for anyone who wishes to "raid the body". as for ammo in the event of death, again in order to preserve an individuals real life bbs, i would suggest some form of ammo voucher for a small amount of ammo to be redeemed at the merchant, or no ammo loot whatsoever since you can spend his money on ammo if you please.

as for factions. since the rule of fire will be such that anyone can shoot and kill anyone, stalkers COULD kill stalkers, duty COULD kill duty, and so forth. this will be strongly discouraged amongst duty and freedom due to the fact that they do not make war on themselves because they need all the men they can get to fight the opposing faction. thier goal? kill members of the opposing faction, and manipulate the rules and facets of the field to thier advantage to gain funds to, well, kill more of the enemy faction. basically, if any one of the factions isnt survivng a blowout or making a transaction or retrieving an artifact, they should be killing someone. this is easy for freedom and duty, because they just want each other dead, so thier goal is always clear and all actions revolve around the said goal. stalkers however will have to be a more selct group with a required mindset. stalkers can collect artifacts, make deals with factions, or simply attack factions, or hunt creatures, or really just do whatever they wish. so therefore i believe the number of stalkers should be limited and limited to a select group who can still have fun just existing and dealing with moment by moment situations, not always fighting.

as for respawns relating to blowouts. yes an instant respawn with the simple loss of ammo and such the same as any normal death sounds reasonable.

as for bandanas or gas masks. the whole point of the gas mask is to be a precaution and neccessary measure in hazerdous zones, so not everyone is supposed to have one. once a gas mask is designated to a certain person, it cannot be taken or traded because this would defeat the purpose of the limitation. whch is to make artifacts not the easiest things to get and sell (because they are not).

so for money flow...we need currency to circulate right? so it shall be. so say the stalkers get all the artifacts. for one, they can be bartered for with services...or be killed. same if they have sold the artifacts. having money and good locations is advantageous, but makes you a target to anyone who isnt in your faction or otherwise on your side. if somehow a large faction, weel say freedom, gets all the artifacts, then all the more reason for duty to come and take them by force, the stalkers to aid the assault for a cut, the stalkers to attack on thier own, or the stalkers to offer thier services in defense of said artifacts. all you have to do is be creative, and the money will flow.

as for the bandit side group suggestion. the only reason i condemned the bandits at all is because they are the same as stalkers, just with a different mindset. this is an airsoft game where i think we all know that if given the option, teams would shift and morph indefinitely if the "bandit" option was open. perhaps after a lengthly time, we can have a drawing for who will have first choice to switch to some other faction. as things fill up, the people who drew last, will jsut be stuck with what they get. also a permanent leader of duty and freedom should be established so that during such a team change, this leader posseses all ammo, money, and artifacts that the faction had at the switch in order to motivate people to pick something other than stalker. (cause they pwn, so).

as for general respawns. they should be sooner than evry blowout because if a large firefight ensues and everyone is dead and freedom is just left bored on the field while everyone else is bored off the field. respawns in a shorter time will work just fine so long as they are tied to an object (on a person), a group of x people of same faction, or a person. this way, long firefights wont continue because respawns just fuel the fight.

ok well i think i got all the proposed items. let me know if i missed anything.

ps. as for the outfit cameron, it sounds on the mark to me for stalkers. duty can be multi cam, and flecktern. freedom will be more standard camo patterns. stalkers (despite thier "coolness") would be dressing down. the average stalker is just jeans and a hooded jacket, rare to find one with say a tactical vest or anything like that.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Admin

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 7:14 am

mavin117 wrote:
ok well i think i got all the proposed items. let me know if i missed anything.

Bounties? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 11:57 pm

I believe there are bounties in STALKER Games, remember Magpie? haha, we could have it to where we all have Zone names, instead of real names, and you can change them and stuff that way its semi hard to track data on a bounty.

Mavin: If we have Anti Radiation medication, should we have it that you basically just lay down for the blowout simulating a blackout and when its over, you can only use a sidearm or something to get back to base if you're lucky enough to have one?

What do you mean rare to find a Stalker with a tac vest? I find plenty, the Loners, however, are the ones wearing jeans most times, and the occasional bandit which apparently wont be included in this game, if you didn't know I was going more for the look on the cover though of the main character, so more so a loner than a Stalker (yet).

I think thats all I have to post right now.

EDIT: Josh, I didn't combine them because I was just too lazy!

And, what of artifact detectors, we kind of need those to get artifacts that way not every person can just run around and grab artifacts, I'm thinking of making one in mechatronics that has a siren go off when it "Detects" an artifact haha.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Admin

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 12:53 am

Can you elaborate a little more about how artifacts and anomalies work?
Back to top Go down
mavin117
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
mavin117

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 12:54 am

ah yes well bounties will simply be hiring people. just instead of directly hireing people to aid you or carry out certain tasks, you will just post the pay generally.

lol magpie.

well there is no permanent base since anything can change hands and respawns arent tied to location. as for anti rad meds, we should just make them as pricey and scarce as medkits, just with a different function than medkits.

and yes the stalkers i am reffering to are the ones in the beginning of the game and my favorite ones. not the "well off" stalker.

and no artifact detectors...it will just complicate things to much. just a physical object reset by the merchant in a hazerdous area is the most i think we could successfully pull of. and not everyone can run around grabing them since only a few will have "masks" to protect them and we can make it such that in maybe the middle hazard zone or some of them (but not all) can be a certain hazard such that you cannot bring your weapon into the area and survive and must therefore leave it outside of the area and have a homie guard you. if you want that can be you "detector" since it would negate the used of a weapon anyway (but not a sidearm)
Back to top Go down
mavin117
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
mavin117

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 12:55 am

Quote :
Can you elaborate a little more about how artifacts and anomalies work?

for our purposes or in the game
Back to top Go down
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 1:12 am

I think he means for the gamemode, oh, I found this vid, not only is it funny and annoying, it also shows you about the snorks a bit haha. Roll it!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Admin

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 3:44 am

Well in the video game, as it relates to our gamemode.
Back to top Go down
mavin117
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
mavin117

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 3:56 am

lol ok for the reocrd that is a glitch and it is not a stupid game where monsters say something every time the attack you lol.
there was this one glitch in call of pripyat where i traveled to the train yard after some bussiness in the first area, adn spawned outside of the safe house as usual. i walked up to the door and was about to open it when i heard a bloodsucker running around. i switched to my shotgun and looked around but couldnt find it, so i went for the door again. this time, i noticed something about the door...behind the door was a few of every single creature in the game trying frantically to get out! there were bloodsuckers, chimeras, snorks, rats, dogs, pigs, EVERYTHING. it was super funny and not only that, but when i opened the door, the flowed out of the safe house like the grand opening of noah's ark and into the courtyard...and then started killing each other. i went inside and there were several rats just running in place randomly throughout the building. it amused me.

and as for the artifacts and anomalies...artifacts are items that are, in short, very valuable and can be sold for a comparatively large sum of money. anomalies are dangerous/ hazerdous areas that require certain precautions to enter.
in the game, all that is the same exept anomalies can be seen with the naked eye and are rather...anomalous. and of course the artifacts are spawned by anomalies. anomalies are usually complemented by some sort of anomolous geography depending on the anomoly. for example. the burning farmstead anomaly is a farm stead that is constantly burning. it never goes out, the buildings never ash, and fountains of fire and areas of extreme heat are abound. another example is the claw anomaly, which is a gravitational anomaly that has cause rock to form a patchy dome over a shallow crater and small areas litter it that implode and then explode when something enters them. a third example (and im just naming a few) is the scar anomaly. it is a massive trench that when viewd from the sky, it would appear that a gigantic blade cut the earth leaving a deep scar. what makes it anomalous it the psionic waves it emits. a haze rises out of it, not much different from the haze that appears above a flame due to the heated air, and it begins to make you braindead. psionc anomalies are responsible for the zombification of stalkers...or so i have surmised.
Back to top Go down
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 1:33 am

lol I tried out this mod for Stalker Clear Sky a long time ago (forget name) but it let you spawn items, and I accidentally hit SPAWN ALL CREATURES outside of the noobie village and it spawned like 90 creatures, 2 Pseudogiants and a crapload of others, it was hilarious but at the same time I got owned within about .000000000002 seconds hahaha.

Yeah, heres some anomalies he described by the way:

Scar:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 2 718690437

Burnt Farmstead:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 2 018zm

(note the flame release, that happens when you get too close to the hotspots on it)

Claw
S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 2 0130g
Back to top Go down
Standartenfuhrer Kurtz
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Standartenfuhrer Kurtz

Dog Tag
Specialty: Assault
Primary Gun: Beretta Rx4

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 2:39 am

OMG what the hell is that....
Back to top Go down
Cameron
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Cameron

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 3:04 am

Anomalies.
Back to top Go down
mavin117
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
mavin117

Dog Tag

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 3:35 am

i have made personalized intros to the game to hand out before the start. if you would like to see them, let me know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode   S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

S.T.A.L.K.E.R game mode
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next