Independent Airsofters United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Independent Airsofters United

Forum for members of Independent Airsoft

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inNipomo Aisoft Website

Magpul PTS Masada

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Admin

Location : North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe, Third Dimension, Reality, Unreality

Dog Tag
Specialty: Assault Recon
Primary Gun: Dboy SCAR-L
Airsoft Group Affiliation: Independent Airsofters United

Magpul PTS Masada Empty
PostMagpul PTS Masada

Originally, I was just going to post this under a "I WANT THIS GUN" type of thread, but it turns out there's a good deal of interesting history about this gun. There's also quite a bit of media on it, so I figured it would be nice for me to actually make a useful blog post for once.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6859
Magpul PTS Masada Airsoft_MagPul_PTS_Masada_A

Before I continue, here's the link to where a vast majority of this information was basically stolen from: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=175820&hl=Masada&st=0
Apologies for the irritating highlighted words, that was a result of my search for the right thread.

Here's what I know about this gun in brief:

The first Masada to hit the market was made by A&K (http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6044). It was created without permission from either Magpul or Magpul PTS, and was made purely by using pictures as reference. It quickly went out of stock, not because it was popular (although it was) but because Magpul PTS had been making efforts to stop the Masada from being sold. As it turns out, they had their own Masada in the making and they didn't want anyone stealing the limelight. A&K and Magpul PTS have since worked out a deal. That's all I really have to say about the history, but I do recommend you read more in depth about it through my first link.

On the same day as the gun a bunch of upgrades are going to be released also. They're freakin' sweet:
-The barrel can be swapped out in a handful of seconds, without tools. Check out the video at the end of this for a demonstration. Released separately from the gun will be an optional 11.5", 14.5", and possibly an 18" barrel. The hop-up is attached to the barrel assembly, so there's no wiggling to get the barrel out of the bucking.
-A railed aluminum hand-guard can replace the polymer one, although I don't think I would want to.
-Quick Swap lower assembly. The entire lower receiver can be quickly switched out to accommodate for either M4/M16 or AK mags.
-Quick Spring Swap. I'm guessing it's similar to Ares' system. No taking apart the gearbox to change springs.
-GBB. It won't come out with the other accessories since it's still being developed, but later you will be able to take out the entire gearbox of the Masada and slip in the GBB system.

In terms of performance, all I know is that it goes 350 fps and has an amazing ROF (check out the end of the video at the bottom of this post). It costs $450 to preorder. It comes out 10/29/10, so I have some time to save my pennies. It is about $750 to get the Masada with all of the stuff above. Just think about it, you'd have every single gun you would ever need...in one quick swappable gun. You could go CQB with the 11.5" barrel and a M100 spring, or go DMR with the (maybe) 18" barrel and a M120 spring. Then from there you can have AK mags or M4 mags. Or make it a Gas Blowback.

Despite the fact that I generally don't like getting guns that became popular because of Modern Warfare, I am seriously considering this. Besides all the stuff above, it's ambidextrous, has a design reminiscent of the SCAR, is lightweight and is made by Magpul. Pretty much the my idea of a perfect gun.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Magpul PTS Masada :: Comments

Nick
Re: Magpul PTS Masada
Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:10 am by Nick
it seems overated i dont like it thht much
Admin
Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:11 am by Admin
Killjoy.
Nick
Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:24 am by Nick
i could see some people liking it but its not my thing... the stock doesnt adjust shape
it only has one rail
and the paint just sort of blobs... a 2 tone tan and black would have been amazing looking
Admin
Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:29 am by Admin
Those holes on the handguard are to attach rails. And I forgot to add that you can change the stock out for the SCAR-ish one on the A&K Masada I linked Very Happy

As for dual tone, I guess you would just buy the accessories in a different color...? I like my AEGs solid black though. Tacticool...

Anyways, I'm not trying to convince you to like it. I just forgot to add those things. I think I'll save up and ask my parents to pay for part of it for a Christmas present.
Nick
Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:34 am by Nick
if you do my brother would love to buy your scar... and i just got a thing for 2 tone tan it looks amaaazzzzziiiiinnngggg
Chase
Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:52 pm by Chase
This gun looks good. I think that it would be a great gun for CQB but it honestly doesnt look bad for a lot of the styles of matches we play. Good luck man and i hope you get it. I think it would be a nice gun for you.
Cameron
Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:42 pm by Cameron
I'd rather get the HK 416 if it makes it as the US's new standard rifle, they're bound to make it airsoft Very Happy imagine that, waterproof gearbox, drainage holes in the mag well, and it could withstand being buried in sand or mud!!! haha
Standartenfuhrer Kurtz
Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:47 pm by Standartenfuhrer Kurtz
Ha! What about the new Russian rifle? Its called the AK-110. It looks like the Krinkov with a folding stock and a short barrel, but its got a 50 round drum mag with the new 9x25 'Makarov' pistol round. Kind of like the Bizon SMG. That'd be cool as an airsoft gun, too...
Cameron
Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:54 pm by Cameron
I'd prefer HK 416 if it could withstand the same punishment as the real one ;___; KWA?! haah
Admin
Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:51 pm by Admin
Lol...fire the HK 416 while submerged. I saw a video of that. I bet someone could make one out of a regular M4...aesthetically, they are essentially the same thing.

And my SCAR isn't for sale xD
Cameron
Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:55 pm by Cameron
Yeah but I want to get the real thing!! lol
Cameron
Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:57 pm by Cameron
LOL JG ALREADY MADE AN HK416!
Admin
Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:59 pm by Admin
Does it work...?
Cameron
Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:02 pm by Cameron
Not like the real one, its just a model of it, I WANT WATERPROOF DANGIT D:
Cameron
Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:04 pm by Cameron
ITS PLASTIC!
Admin
Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:05 pm by Admin
Most AEGs are fairly waterproof against rain I think. Nick's old Kirenex shows that. But no scuba airsoft Sad
Cameron
Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:06 pm by Cameron
SCUBA AIRSOFT FTW D: I'm gonna go scream at magpul to make one lol, I could just put my gun into like a plastic bag but the second I fired water would go into the barrel haha
clAyton
Post Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:08 am by clAyton
Yeah...awhile back I'd been looking at JG's HK416 replica, the 614 (dyslexia much?). The one that I liked the most because it was longest and had a full butt stock (more battery room), had some issues, because the longer barrel was supposedly multi-piece, and the rewiring to the back was badly done. But, still, I LOVE hk guns, and the 416 is awesome. If they make an HK417, I will have to save and get it...it isn't bullpup, but it is one of the coolest battle rifles ever.
Cameron
Post Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:37 pm by Cameron
Maybe KWA will make it, they will if it gets licensed by the military as the new standard rifle.
Standartenfuhrer Kurtz
Post Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:38 am by Standartenfuhrer Kurtz
No act like the rangers at Normandy and wrap your guns in plastic and fire THROUGH THE BAGS!!!
Cameron
Post Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:42 am by Cameron
But.. If you break the bag.......... xD
Standartenfuhrer Kurtz
Post Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:13 pm by Standartenfuhrer Kurtz
So what? I'll be the Germans with my K98 so I'll laugh as you all struggle and DROWN!!!
Cameron
Post Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:29 pm by Cameron
and then I'll knife you in the back O.O
Standartenfuhrer Kurtz
Post Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:31 pm by Standartenfuhrer Kurtz
But you'll have to get past the nebelwerfers, MP44s, MG42s, Stukas and King Tigers before you'll even be ABLE to knife me!!!
Post  by Sponsored content

Magpul PTS Masada

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Independent Airsofters United :: News :: Airsoft Blog-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com