Independent Airsofters United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Independent Airsofters United

Forum for members of Independent Airsoft

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inNipomo Aisoft Website

VFC Maple Leaf Grenade

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Admin

Location : North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe, Third Dimension, Reality, Unreality

Dog Tag
Specialty: Assault Recon
Primary Gun: Dboy SCAR-L
Airsoft Group Affiliation: Independent Airsofters United

VFC Maple Leaf Grenade Empty
PostVFC Maple Leaf Grenade

Well, it's not a particularly new product, but it doesn't have as much publicity as other grenades, such as Airsoft Innovation's Tornado Greande, so I figure it is worth mentioning.

Most importantly for our field, its gas, not explosive. From what I can tell, it runs on Green Gas/Propane. It holds 72 BB's and fires at just over 100 fps...guaranteeing that even if you dive on top of the grenade to save your fellow team members, you won't go home with welts all over you. I don't know for sure, but that's probably about the power of Kris' "mini pistol". If you've been shot by it, you can still feel it...it just doesn't hurt. At all.

The greande is rubber, so hopefully it won't hurt too much if you hit someone on the head.

In particular, the realistic pin and spoon is pretty cool. The AI Tornado requires an extra kit to be purchased to add the spoon.

Best of all, its relatively cheap. They are sold for $62 on www.redwolfairsoft.com (unavailable right now though), so its not too far fetched to buy two or even three of these to carry on you. It also includes a metal sleeve to cover the grenade with; I guess to keep it dust free and guard against accidental discharge while you carry it.

The loading I must say looks like a pain. All 72 BB's must be hand loaded in, so don't expect to be able to reuse them in battle quickly.

Also, it doesn't spin like the tornado, so its doubtable that you'll get the same spread. This can hardly be held against the greande though, since the Tornado is somewhat unique.

Here's the pros and cons as I see them:
Pros
+Low fps, so its safe
+Gas powered
+Realistic spoon and pin
+Price

Cons
-Low fps, which probably translates to low range (unless they somehow put hop up into a greande lol...)
-72 BB's, hand loaded VFC Maple Leaf Grenade Icon_sad

Go to http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=24818 for more information, plus a demonstration video.

VFC Maple Leaf Grenade Maple%20Leaf-med
The greande itself, the metal cover, and the gas valve
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

VFC Maple Leaf Grenade :: Comments

Nick
Re: VFC Maple Leaf Grenade
Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:01 am by Nick
cant use a speed loader?
Admin
Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:04 am by Admin
Yeah I guess you could, but from what I understand it is one BB per hole...so hand loading might actually be more effecient.
Nick
Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:10 am by Nick
one per hole, that is kinda idiotic
MRSPRINKLZ
Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:13 am by MRSPRINKLZ
hay shut up, that how my grenade works, its really hard to come up with a good delivery system that has range,speed, and 360 degree spread BELIVE ME!

mine does work, it just uses firecrackers, but it works! Twisted Evil
Nick
Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:14 am by Nick
this is what you do, you get a hand full of bbs, close you hand, pull ur finger (the pin) and then throw the bbs lol
clAyton
Post Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:32 am by clAyton
Nick wrote:
this is what you do, you get a hand full of bbs, close you hand, pull ur finger (the pin) and then throw the bbs lol
Heh...he said "pull" and "finger" close in conjunction.. clown

Anyway, that seems like a pertty safe nade.
Nick
Post Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:37 am by Nick
but a pain, you would be better off problaby buying throw aways for ur time
Admin
Post Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:58 am by Admin
I just thought about it, and it's not actually that bad. Assuming you can load more than one BB per second, it should only take about a minute to load. It takes longer to wind a high cap...

But still, I don't have the money to buy grenades.
Post  by Sponsored content

VFC Maple Leaf Grenade

Page 1 of 1