Independent Airsofters United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Independent Airsofters United

Forum for members of Independent Airsoft

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inNipomo Aisoft Website

Lone Wolf Gametype?

Go down 
3 posters

Lone Wolf Gametype
Yes
Lone Wolf Gametype? I_vote_lcap100%Lone Wolf Gametype? I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 2 ]
No
Lone Wolf Gametype? I_vote_lcap0%Lone Wolf Gametype? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Standartenfuhrer Kurtz
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Standartenfuhrer Kurtz

Dog Tag
Specialty: Assault
Primary Gun: Beretta Rx4
Airsoft Group Affiliation: Independent Airsofters United

Lone Wolf Gametype? Empty
PostSubject: Lone Wolf Gametype?   Lone Wolf Gametype? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:14 pm

Hey guys I was wondering what everyone thought about a semi-original game type: Lone Wolf!!!(cheers of ecstasy)

One random person is selected and given a relatively-good rifle of his choice, with only two or three extra mags. Against everyone else, he has to survive for a set amount of time by eliminating players. He is allowed to take weapons and ammunition from the 'killed' players, who must lie where they were shot.

Thought this up after watching the movie 'Gamer', for some reason...that was the worst video-game related movie I have ever seen! (Except for BloodRayne)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Admin

Location : North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe, Third Dimension, Reality, Unreality

Dog Tag
Specialty: Assault Recon
Primary Gun: Dboy SCAR-L

PostSubject: Re: Lone Wolf Gametype?   Lone Wolf Gametype? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 3:16 am

Interesting, but I doubt it would work. 1 vs 19 (about) will not work at all, no matter how good of a rifle he has. And I have a general policy against taking other peoples' things. If you bought it, you should have privilage to it. There's a line we have to draw about how realistic things get. Then there's the fuzzy area of what happens if someone takes a gun and breaks it.

The idea of a small elite group against everyone else is still intriguing. I liked "Commando" when we played it, even if some people didn't follow the rules. It was cool hunting down the group and slowly closing in on them until they were cornered. I think we could try that again, but just have a different medic system.

Quote :
Against everyone else, he has to survive for a set amount of time by eliminating players.
Although it probably wasn't your original intention, but that sparked an interesting idea...Why not have the commando group have a team pool of lives instead of individual, and they can gain extra lives by eliminating enemy players. So commandos could start out with 10 lives, and everytime a commando is killed, they lose one life from the entire team resevoir. When a non-commando is killed, the commandos gain an extra life (but not vice versa). That way teamwork is encouraged in the commandos, and they get an advantage over the hunting team...but only if they earn it.

Sorry for the kinda thread hijack, it just gave me an idea.
Back to top Go down
Nick
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Nick

Dog Tag
Specialty: Assault Recon
Primary Gun: custom g300 (m4)

PostSubject: Re: Lone Wolf Gametype?   Lone Wolf Gametype? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 4:21 am

i like the part where there are 10 lives, but not the part about life regen, and for lifes they can get like rags filled with sand (like football referees) and when someone dies they throw the rag and they are in, each member gets 2 rags and it is up to a member wether or not he wants to share, if you are out of rags you just sit there
Back to top Go down
Standartenfuhrer Kurtz
Forum Sentinel
Forum Sentinel
Standartenfuhrer Kurtz

Dog Tag
Specialty: Assault
Primary Gun: Beretta Rx4

PostSubject: Re: Lone Wolf Gametype?   Lone Wolf Gametype? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 11:09 pm

Yeah sarge, good idea for a gametype. Go ahead and run with it on this topic. Thx for the corrections about picking up weapons/BBS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lone Wolf Gametype?   Lone Wolf Gametype? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lone Wolf Gametype?
Page 1 of 1